On December 1, 2018 starting at 10:00AM CT, registration for Cub Scout & Webelos Summer Camp will open. This year’s registration process will be different in a few ways. In past years, we’ve held a physical event where unit leaders and/or camp coordinators would come to a specific location to sign-up for camp. This year we’re transitioning to an online registration event versus an in-person registration event. So the main question: How will my unit sign-up to attend Cub Scout and Webelos Resident Camp in 2019?
- After 10:00AM CT on December 1, 2018, the unit’s registration contact will need to log onto an internet connect computer or device and navigate to www.baylakescamps.org
- Along the top of the Bay-Lakes Council Camps website is a tan menu bar. Hover over “Make a Reservation.”
- A drop down menu will appear with the names of our summer camps. Select the camp that a registration needs to be made for.
- Click the blue “Register” button towards the top of the screen.
- Select the session that will be the unit’s first preference.
- Once a session is selected, information will appear towards the bottom of the page. You’ll need to enter the number of attendees (types listed below) coming to camp. Please note that you will be required to place a non-refundable deposit of $50 per person at the end of the registration process.
- Youth Male
- Youth Female
- Adult Male
- Adult Female
- After entering the number of each type of participant, click “Register.”
- You’ll be directed to a screen offering to “Register as a Guest” or to “Register with myRoster.” Please register as a guest. Fill out the first name, last name, and the email address of the unit registration contact. Please note that this individual will be receiving all emails regarding the unit’s registration for summer camp. Click “Register as a Guest.”
- You’ll be directed to the summary screen on your unit’s summer camp registration. On this screen you’ll need to enter the information listed below. All information is saved automatically as you enter it. There is no “save” button.
- Council. This field is auto-filled to Bay-Lakes Council. If your unit if not from the Bay-Lakes Council, you can use the drop down to locate and select your home council.
- Unit Type
- Unit Number
- Cell Phone
- Building Preference #1 – Camp Rokilio Only
- Building Preference #2 – Camp Rokilio Only
- Building Preference #3 – Camp Rokilio Only
- Campsite Preference #1 – Gardner Dam & Camp Hiawatha Only
- Campsite Preference #2 – Gardner Dam & Camp Hiawatha Only
- Campsite Preference #3 – Gardner Dam & Camp Hiawatha Only
- Session Preference #2 – Camp Rokilio & Gardner Dam Only
- Session Preference #3 – Camp Rokilio & Gardner Dam Only
- If your building preferences can’t accommodate everyone sleeping indoors, how many guests in your registration would be willing to sleep in tents outside the building? – Camp Rokilio Only
- Once all the fields are completed, scroll back to the top of the page.
- You’ll notice three tabs towards the top of the page; Summary, Attendees, and Checkout. Click “Checkout.”
- On the checkout page, you’ll notice that the “paying now” column is auto updated for all attendees to pay the non-refundable deposit of $50.
- There is no need to enter names for the attendees on your summer camp registration at this time.
- Click “Begin Checkout” located towards the top of the page. There is a red arrow pointing to it.
- A pop-up box with our policies will appear. Please read through these policies and check mark the box “I have read and agree to the following policies (required)” and click “Next.”
- Next the pop-up box will display the billing information for your unit’s summer camp registration. Please review this information. Click “Next.”
- On the next screen, you will have four options to pay for the per-person deposit; Credit Card, Debit Card, Unit Deposit Account, and E-Check. Select an option and enter payment information.
- Check mark the box below the payment information box and click “Book Registration.”
- A confirmation screen will appear and a confirmation email/receipt will be emailed to the unit’s registration contact. This email may end up in the unit’s registration contact’s spam or junk email folder.
When will my unit be notified on what session and campsite/building we have been assigned?
The unit’s registration contact will be notified via email no later than 4:30PM CT on December 7, 2018 for units that submitted a registration for the 2019 summer camp season between December 1, 2018 at 10:00AM CT and December 3, 2018 at 8:00AM CT. Units registering for summer camp after December 3, 2018 at 8:00AM CT will receive confirmation of session and campsite/building no later than 72 hours after making a registration, but not before December 9, 2018 at 12:00PM CT.
How do I log back into our unit’s registration?
- The unit registration contact can click a link in the initial registration confirmation email to log back into the unit’s registration.
- Navigate to www.baylakescamps.org
- Along the top of the Bay-Lakes Council Camps website is a tan menu bar. Click “Access Existing Registration.”
- A pop-up will display on a new page asking to enter the email address of the unit’s registration contact and the registration number. Once this information is entered, click “Login.”
Can I Add Additional Attendees to my Unit’s Summer Camp Registration in the Future?
Units attending the following camps will have the ability to login to their unit’s registration and add additional attendees to their unit’s registration after December 1, 2018 at 10:00AM CT:
- Camp Hiawatha Cub Scout Summer Camp
- Camp Hiawatha Webelos Summer Camp
- Gardner Dam Webelos Camp
Units attending the following camps will need to call our support team at 920-734-5705 to add additional attendees to their unit’s registration after December 1, 2018 at 10:00AM CT:
- Camp Rokilio Cub Scout Summer Camp
Can I Remove Attendees from my Unit’s Summer Camp Registration?
- Call our team at (920) 734-5705 or email email@example.com with your removal requests.
- All removals and cancellations are subject to our refund schedule & policy. The refund schedule and policy are non-negotiable.
Parent Portal – A New Feature for the 2019 Summer Camp Season
Parent portal allows the unit’s registration contact to provide the parents in the unit with access credentials, so they can make payments and complete data entry for their scouts. Here is how it works:
- Navigate to www.baylakescamps.org.
- Along the top of the page, select “Access Existing Registration.”
- Enter your registration contact’s email address and your registration number. The registration number can be found in the confirmation email sent to your registration contact, from when your unit initially made the registration.
- Click “Login.”
- You will now be on the “Summary” tab of your registration.
- Click on ‘Parent Portal’ tab on the top right of the page.
- Click the “Use Parent Portal” checkbox, which automatically generates a set of login credentials for each attendee on the unit registration.
- Next click the “Parent Portal Credentials” button, which generates a report showing each set of login credentials. This report can be printed on Avery 5395 labels or to standard paper and cut into cards.
- If you want to prevent parents from making payment or seeing the event fees, check the “Prevent parents from making payments or seeing event fees” checkbox. Parents will not see any financial details or be able to apply payments.
- When a parent makes a payment, both you and they will receive an email notification of the payment.
- Check the “Send me a registration summary email” checkbox to receive a summary email showing the amount paid and data entry status. Use the day’s checkboxes to determine which day(s) you want to receive the summary email. The email will show the payment status and required data entry field status for each attendee. For example, if first and last name are required fields and an attendee has not completed those, you will see that it has not been completed yet.